In 1959, Phil Singer originally founded the firm which would later become SingerLewak. He was working for another CPA firm before starting his own practice in 1959 where Bernard Lewak’s father was one of his clients. Bernard Lewak, a UCLA student, joined Phil as a part-time employee. Together they worked out of a one-room office in an old stucco building above a client’s grocery store; their furnishings consisted of only one drafting table. After graduation, Lewak joined Singer Gottfried and Associates. About two years later, Singer reunited with Lewak and joined with another partner to form Singer, Ross & Lewak. In 1962, Ross withdrew and the firm became Singer, Lewak & Associates.
Norman L. Greenbaum joined the partnership and his name was added to the firm. As growth continued, Harvey Goldstein, a graduate of California State University at Los Angeles, joined the firm. By mid-1967, Harvey merged his practice with the others and the firm became Singer Lewak Greenbaum & Goldstein.
By 1972, Harvey Goldstein had become the Managing Partner and as the firm grew, SLGG moved to its current Wilshire Blvd. location as the firm continued to grow. When the firm expanded its services to Orange County in 1979, this new office was managed by partner, David W. Krajanowski.
Today the firm is comprised of more than 220 professionals, including 32 partners and supporting staff, in 8 offices throughout the western region.