Service Organization Control Reports (SOC©) and IT Audits
SOC is important to every modern business. Why? Because businesses rely on “service providers” to protect and safeguard private, confidential or other sensitive information that they choose to share with these service providers – thereby necessitating some level of assurance that the service provider is, as we say, “minding the store.”
AICPA’s SOC framework allows service providers to demonstrate their compliance with established, standard guidelines regarding Information Security, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, Availability and Privacy.
Who would SingerLewak serve in the SOC arena?
Our clients include businesses that process, manage, store, and connect to private, confidential and sensitive information of others – and require a strong, multi-faceted CPA firm to provide assurance to their customers and others, via the SOC framework, that they are complying with the standard guidelines above.
SingerLewak services that satisfy our clients’ SOC-related needs:
- Readiness – Hands-on, experienced guidance in getting started in the SOC process, including readying policies, procedures and internal controls to be prepared for a SOC audit experience
- Education – about the SOC process, and helping management determine the proper “fit” of SOC frameworks to the specific client needs – so as to NOT over-audit
- Gap analysis – Determining controls that should exist in a given system environment – as well as those that are not in existence, but should be, in order to comply with SOC guidelines.
- Design and Documentation of relevant I.T. Controls – Our experienced I.T. controls professionals work with management to design and document relevant I.T. controls in advance of a SOC audit
- Assurance and Audit – Experienced SOC auditors conduct SOC audits (SOC1, SOC2, SOC3)
Why choose SingerLewak for SOC and IT Audit Advisory?
- Multiple perspectives – We look at IT Compliance and SOC as both a trusted business advisor and an independent, seasoned auditor. Our certifications and business experience include CIO, CTO, CFO, CGMA, CISA, CPA, CITP and others
- Experience – Combined dozens of years of successful client audits and projects
- Efficient, consultative approach – We effectively streamline and tailor SOC engagements to fit known objectives and resources
- Recognized – Our team includes “SOC Specialist” credentials from the AICPA; SingerLewak is a US Top 100 CPA firm with 230+ employees among 5 locations in California, and growing.